Have you ever dreamed of being a basketball superstar – firing a shot from long range, doing ankle-breaking cross overs and flying for a Tomahawk jam? If you are like me, then, welcome to the club! However, there are only a handful of superstars who stand above us mere mortals.
As a basketball fan, I am always amazed with the skills of young basketball players nowadays particularly the ‘Durantula’, Mr. Kevin Durant. 2014 is a stellar year for the 25-year old phenom (yes, he is only 25 years old! My goodness!). Kevin Durant has not even reached his prime and has astonished millions with his elite playmaking. He was recently awarded with the NBA’s MVP Award and the 2014 NBA Scoring Title. In the regular season, there were only two to choose from – KD and LBJ. However, it was Durant’s impeccable scoring and over-all consistency that rewarded him the trophies. James came in second, while Griffin and Noah were 3rd and 4th, respectively.
There are some basketball greats who boast a lot. With KD, what struck me is how simple and sincere he is. And this was validated during his MVP speech:
“Everything in my life, I had to take it,” Durant said. “They’re not going to give it to you out of sympathy. I wouldn’t want it any other way. This was another case, if I wanted to win the MVP, I had to go take it. I felt that this was the year I did that.”
KD the MVP:
- Point Per Game (PPG) – 32.0
- Rebounds Per Game (RPG) – 7.4
- Assists Per Game (APG) – 5.5
- Only Player to WIN both MVP and Scoring Titles since Allen Iverson in 2001
- 3rd Player in NBA History to score at least 25 points per game in 41 games
KD the Man:
- Personality – humble and family-oriented, In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Durant claimed that “global marketing and all that stuff” does not interest him.
- Off court – humanitarian, donated $1M to the American Red Cross (victims of Moore tornado)
- Constantly improve your skills. It doesn’t have to be basketball. 🙂
- Success should not lead to arrogance. Stay humble.
- Enjoy watching the NBA especially its great players.
Awe Messages is a Master of Basics, Enthusiast of Simplicity, God’s Servant, Sports Fan, MMA Junkie, Coffee Addict and a Proud Filipino.
He studied in Ateneo De Manila and in the University of Santo Tomas. His marketing career began in 2005 and has worked for international creative/ advertising agencies.
He can be sent a personal message anytime via (@AweMessages) Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Gmail
#nba #kevin #durant #lebron #james #blake #griffin #joakim #noah #mvp #best #scoring #title #humble